Chief Operating Officer
Position: Chief Operations Officer
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020
Job Location: Yellownife
Job Term: Permanent Full Time
The various Tłı̨chǫ partnerships and joint ventures are aligned with the needs and demands of the industry in the north. They include such focus areas as mine services, winter road management, diamond appraisal, air transportation, catering and custodial services, etc. TIC also owns an electrical dam which is leased to Northwest Territories Power Corporation.
Mission and Values:
Tłı̨chǫ Investment Corporation’s purpose is to enhance the economic self- reliance, prosperity, and certainty for Tłı̨chǫ citizens through sustainable economic development.
- We value Tłı̨chǫ traditional economy, youth involvement in businesses and professional development.
- We are dedicated to quality service, safety and environmental protection.
- We commit to forging and maintaining fair, respectful relationships for long-term benefit.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is accountable for the full scope of Business Operations for all the TIC’s Group of Companies. With responsibility for overseeing TIC’s effective day-to-day operations, staff supervision, and all hands-on operational aspects of the company, the COO will have latitude and autonomy to make the necessary decisions to ensure efficiency and success. This executive leader will build collegial relationships and collaborate with the Business Unit Directors/Senior Management Team (SMT) to develop corporate and operational strategies and to facilitate/implement these efforts across the operation.
Through a respectful, constructive and positive energetic style, guided by corporate objectives and strategic initiatives, the COO will provide the leadership, management and vision. They will ensure the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people resources in place to grow the organization effectively and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The COO will oversee all customer-facing positions such as customer care and professional services, as well as quality assurance and product and service management. Central to this role is building positive, constructive, and lasting relationships between TIC and its employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in business operations management at an executive level.
- A strong focus on customer satisfaction/service.
- Professional-level English verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to speak/understand the Tłı̨chǫ language is considered an asset.