Environmental Services Team Lead
Position: Environmental Services Team Lead
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: December 30, 2022
Job Location: Yellowknife, NT
Start_Date: January 03, 2023
Job Term: Permanent Full Time
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are currently soliciting letters of interest for an Environmental Services Team Lead position ideally located in our Yellowknife, NT office.
Reporting to the Operations Lead, the Team Lead will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary office, using leadership and management skills to mentor and grow a highly capable and motivated team, while ensuring we provide results that go above and beyond the client’s expectations.
Growing your career sometimes means taking chances and moving outside of your comfort zone. It also means raising your hand for opportunities that further your technical, leadership, or client services skills. If you have exposure to North of 60 projects, are passionate about northern work, and are interested in evolving your professional experience, apply today!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage the resourcing and development of the Environmental Team responsible for the North
- Collaborate with Stantec colleagues and other Team Leads on pursuits and project delivery for Northern Canada
- Supervise junior staff and help with career development
- Lead and assist with infrastructure-related environmental impact assessments and permitting projects in the Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon
- Seek out and develop relationships with new and existing clients
- Manage proposals and projects from inception to completion
- Develop a working understanding of Stantec’s other consulting practice areas and actively support cross-selling other services to existing clients
- Advance your technical competence in professional practice as desired
Your Capabilities and Experience
- Leadership experience and commitment to Stantec values including inclusion and diversity
- Experience in or a solid understanding of the consulting industry in a multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in planning and managing projects with limited supervision
- Knowledge of territorial and federal environmental legislation applicable in the three northern Territories is considered an asset
- Passion for the North and the Northern Canadian experience
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in environmental sciences, geoscience, or engineering
Preferred a minimum of 8 years of related work experience in leading or managing environmental projects (e.g. EIAs, permitting, environmental remediation, etc.)
A valid driver’s license
The standard workweek is 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday. Project and business development demands may require additional hours to be worked on an occasional basis.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to: Diane.Kramer@stantec.com. Please reference Environmental Services Team Lead in subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.