Junior or Intermediate Environmental Scientist/Engineer
Position: Junior or Intermediate Environmental Scientist/Engineer
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: August 31, 2022
Job Location: Yellowknife
Job Term: Permanent Full Time
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent technical and interpersonal skills to work with our talented team in delivering outstanding service to our clients. Your primary focus will be to assist project managers and senior scientists and engineers with both contaminated sites and Environmental Planning & Ecology related projects. You will be a junior engineer, environmental scientist, or environmental technologist with an educational background in Environmental Planning & Ecology and/or contaminated sites investigation and remediation. Experience working outdoors is an asset as your job is expected to be 70 – 90% in the field.
About the opportunity:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to take on a wide variety of tasks. Some examples are:
- Working closely with Project Managers and senior field technologists to perform activities such as: groundwater monitoring, soil sampling, air monitoring, test pitting, borehole drilling, groundwater monitoring well installation, surveying, construction environmental monitoring, data tabulation, environmental data interpretation, and coordination with field subcontractors.
- Developing or supporting environmental impact assessment reports, including researching, gathering data, and drafting of text or editing of text developed by technical disciplines.
- Reviewing and providing input to client invoices, including expenses, sub-contractor and supplier invoices, rates, and billing titles.
- Supporting communication between proponents, environmental teams, and regulatory agencies.
- Providing regulatory support to internal teams during all stages of the project life cycle
- Timely and accurate reporting of construction activities (daily, monthly, and incidents).
- Support water resources, engineering design and human environment projects
- Bachelor of Science in environmental science or engineering or a Technical Diploma in environmental technology
- 2-3 years industry experience preferably within the contaminated sites, environmental planning and/or ecology fields
- Ability to be registered as a Professional (EIT, GIT, AIT, BIT) is preferable
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational abilities and detailed oriented
- Comfortable working with small tools or environmental equipment (e.g., water quality meters, air monitoring equipment, etc.)
- Proficient with computers and various programs (Word, Excel, ESdat)
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to work with intermediate and senior staff and within project teams on various projects of differing complexity
- Ability to work effectively with environmental subcontractors
- Willingness to work outside in adverse weather conditions for potentially long periods at a time
- Willingness to travel and work in potentially remote locations
- Ability and willingness to learn and hit the ground running on a wide variety of projects
Working for Ausenco means you won’t settle for the status quo – you’ll be part of a forward-thinking, culturally diverse organisation. We expect our people to deliver outstanding results and will give you the licence to find a better way forward for your clients and stakeholders.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, we provide employees with a wide range of growth opportunities and training programs to build your skills and pursue your career path.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce As a global company we embrace and encourage diversity in its fullest sense – gender, age, experience, nationality, colour, language, religion, location, disability, education, skills, working styles and time availability. Our work environments are based on mutual trust and respect.