Senior Manager – Access and Distribution Infrastructure
Position: Senior Manager - Access and Distribution Infrastructure
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: December 31, 2020
Job Location: Whitehorse, YT
Start_Date: November 02, 2020
Job Term: Permanent Full Time
Senior Manager – Access and Distribution Infrastructure, reporting to the Director of Design and Implementation, is accountable for providing technical expertise and leadership to direct reports as well managing capital projects relating to implementation of Northwestel systems, facilities and equipment based on user / service requirements driven from an understanding of business needs. The senior manager provides direction and support to direct reports along with determining the most cost effective method for accomplishing project needs from general information, user requirements, planning input; resulting in the development of detailed engineering plans, estimates, budgets, specifications and schedules to evaluate and implement new systems and technologies.
- Lead a team of technical professionals who are responsible for delivery of our company’s services.
- Provide quality management for the day to day needs of the team and company.
- Increase the overall competency of the team.
- Utilize performance management to clearly set individual deliverables, expectations and to review success throughout the year.
- Ensure that the team’s budget is optimally managed.
- Provide input into the vision and direction of the team, D&I and ITM overall.
- Execute implementation plans based on technology business plans.
- Design technology solutions based on technology menu items.
- Implement technology solutions and project management; including procuring equipment, developing specifications for installation and configuration, securing internal and/or external resources for execution.
- Documenting as-is network builds.
- Determining detailed estimates of project costs, resource requirements and time lines.
- Issue request for change including methods of procedures and roll back plans for Network changes.
Capacity and Availability Management (15%)
- Manage capacity and availability of assets to ensure planners have the information to develop technology business plans.
- Sign off on design and peer reviews.
- Assist in resolution of escalated incidents.
- Problem Resolution.
- Capacity tracking of assets including predicting replacement and enhancement of assets based on age, ROI, capacity.
- Asset optimization and repurposing.
- Release management including patching and configuration.
- Coordinate changes to asset design.
Business Planning (10%)
- Develop technology business plans.
- Develop implementation plans; high level estimates of project plan, including resourcing, cost, time lines and business value.
- Participate in planning phase of projects to determine technology solutions.
- Maintain technology menu; approved assets and configuration of assets.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
This position requires a Bachelor of Engineering degree, in a related discipline, supplemented by five years of experience in a telecommunications environment or related field with project management experience.
This Associate Director position must have the ability to work in a matrix reporting structure and requires that the incumbent possess very strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical and communication (oral and written) skills along with being computer literate with the Microsoft Office Suite of applications (Word, Excel, Access).
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.