Senior Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: December 31, 2021
Job Location: Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton
Job Term: Permanent Full Time
The AME Consulting Group is an employee-owned organization that provides our employees to build their legacy with exciting career opportunities and growth. With a strive for a better tomorrow we have cultivated an environment where learning and mentoring thrives.
AME has a strong purpose of building legacy through our values of connection, dedication, and trust to build our vision of a better tomorrow. AME developed three key objectives to help us achieve this goal:
- Financially Healthy
- Happy Engaged People
- Socially Responsible
Our workplace is a tight knit community, with a strong focus on employee engagement. Here’s some things our people have to say about working at AME:
“Having the opportunity to work at AME has been a breath of fresh air. Every single person has made me feel welcome and it is amazing the difference that can be felt when you are part of a team that truly cares about your well-being and success.”
“The projects we work on aren’t inanimate objects– They are alive. Breathing. Brimming with life. That is an exciting environment to be a part of.”
“I had no idea when I walked into our original office what AME would become I am incredibly proud to have been on this journey and be a part of the AME family and legacy.”
AME is a Western Canadian based Mechanical Engineering (Buildings Engineering) consulting company that specializes in sustainable and environmentally responsible design. Projects are primary located across Canada and range from the design of small commercial and residential complexes to large recreation, hospital, and institutional facilities. Our offices are located in Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary, Revelstoke, and Edmonton offering central locations as well as flexible work hours.
We are currently seeking to fill Senior Mechanical Designer / Project Manager positions in all our offices.
AME is looking for someone who is motivated, talented, and a committed team member to join us. Applicants should be a well-experienced engineer with an excellent track record – technically, and in project delivery and implementation and have considerable experience in HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems, along with strong communication and coordination skills. Creative thinking, a proactive attitude, good communication, organizational, and report writing skills are essential to this role.
Alternate positions may be available for applicants with more or less experience than listed below. Please visit our website www.amegroup.ca to see all available positions
Responsibilities and Expectations
· Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the field of engineering.
· Conducting client meetings, preparing correspondence, reports, specifications and meeting minutes.
· Maintain effective liaison with clients, developers, consultants, agencies and the public either in concert with the principal-in-charge or independently on behalf of the practice
· Leading the design and construction administration process on your assigned projects from Schematic Design through to Project Close-out
· Directing staff on projects, assigning and reviewing work, and advising on technical problems.
· Establish and maintain project criteria by means of team-based communication
· Establish and monitor internal budgets and project delivery schedules
· Motivate teams toward performance excellence in all assigned tasks
· Contribute to company-wide initiatives for the development of new systems and standards
Qualifications and Experience
· P.Eng. or Professional Technologist designation preferred however not mandatory.
· Minimum of 7 years of mechanical HVAC, plumbing and fire protection experience in design, project management and client relations
· Experience with industry software, such as Revit, AutoCAD, IESve, HAP, Microsoft Office
· Analytical, communication and report writing skills including the ability to obtain information and prepare reports.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with all employees, clients, colleagues, and municipal agencies.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and conflicting priorities
· Ability to formulate sound engineering decisions and judgment
· Interest/experience in the application of green engineering principles; LEED® certification, Certified Passive House Designer certification, and experience with Net Zero design are all assets.
· Competitive pay
· Every second Friday off
· Vacation starting at 3 Weeks
· Comprehensive health and dental benefits
· Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
· RRSP Matching
· Profit sharing
· Potential future partnership and/or ownership