Superintendent Process Technology
Position: Superintendent Process Technology
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: September 02, 2019
Job Location: Diavik ( Yellowknife, NT)
Start_Date: September 16, 2019
Job Term: Permanent Full Time
Superintendent Process Technology
· Be part of a global mining organization with a strong focus on safety and productivity
· Work with an exceptional team of technical and operations people
· Opportunity to introduce and implement continuous improvement initiatives
About the role
We are looking for a Superintendent – Process Technology who is responsible for leading the Metallurgical team and Technicians in a safe and cost effective manner. This role leads, manages and mentors a team comprising of 9 staff.
Reporting to the Manager of Diavik Technical, this role is a great opportunity to be an integral part of the Diavik Mine Technical team using your process technology skills and experience to provide clear technical information and plans to key stakeholders including Plant Operations, Diavik Finance and within the Copper and Diamonds technical team.
Located in Lac de Gras Mine site, you will be working on a 4 days on/ 3 days off rotational schedule.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Championing a safe working culture and actively support Rio Tinto HSE standards;
- Lead the Process Technology team including task assignment, feedback and support to growth and development;
- Driving improvement, innovation and adapting to evolving process technology and business requirement;
- Providing leadership and technical expertise to Supervisors and Operators to ensure Ore Processing and Recovery, Cemented Rock fill and Cement Batch Plants, operate in the most efficient manner and meet targets for throughput, blend optimization, metallurgical recovery and product quality;
- Supervising metallurgical, X-Ray and Lab Technicians to ensure quality control is maintained, optimized and plant efficiency and trends are monitored and corrected when necessary;
- Managing projects to improve or increase plant safety, effectiveness and efficiency (including Capital projects);
- Undertake process planning for short term execution and Life of Mine, working closely with key stakeholders including mine planning engineers, plant operations and maintenance team and finance;
- Ensure all required and specialized reporting is completed in a timely manner;
- lanning and managing operational and capital budgets.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical, or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years’ of leadership experience in mineral processing or crushing plant;
- Understanding of the range of technical functions: involving process technology, mineralogy and diamond statistics; diamond processing, crushing, cemented rockfill or concrete;
- Hold or be eligible for a Northwest Territories Mine Supervisor Certificate – Level II;
- Experience and training in Lean or other business improvement methodologies preferred;
- Ability to maintain standards of conduct and possess cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, translating technical information for the target audience from senior leaders to operators;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage a broad range of tasks, priorities and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to partner and influence in a matrix organization to deliver value;
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of key mining software packages.
Northern residency and experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the North, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the DDMI Participation Agreement Groups and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut Territories. Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
Where you will be working
Located in the Northwest Territories of Canada, the Diavik Diamond Mine is a producer of gem-quality diamonds. At Diavik, a strong focus is placed on protecting the local environment, as well as supporting communities through employment and education.
The successful candidate must reside in Hay River, NT or Yellowknife, NT. If the successful candidate does not reside in these areas, a flexible relocation plan will be offered.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminum and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
If you are looking for change, a new career and would like to work for a successful global organization, join us today.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Closing Date: September 2, 2019