Thermal Program Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: September 24, 2020
Job Term: Permanent Full Time
NORTHWEST TERRITORIES POWER CORPORATION
HAY RIVER, NT
The Program Manager is responsible for program management (group of projects) using the Project Implementation Framework (PIF) to achieve the programs strategic objectives and benefits. The Program Manager manages a group of projects and leverages inter-project opportunities to add value where it would otherwise not be attainable through the management of a project in isolation. The program manager is a key contact and support for the project sponsors ensuring the program he/she manages fits the needs of the sponsor.
- Accountable for program management (group of projects) using the PIF to achieve the programs strategic objectives and benefits.
- In conjunction with the Senior Program Manager support continuous improvement initiatives related to the PIF implementation
- Accountable for the generation of project and program reports and supports the project prioritizations in collaboration with Sponsors and the Senior Program Manager.
- Accountable to ensure the Project Managers perform project planning and resource planning activities in relation to the organization’s annual plan, levelling resources across projects.
- Accountable to ensure the Project Managers develop and manage project budgets in accordance with the project execution plans.
- Accountable as primary authority on assigned projects. Manage the program using KPIs consistent with industry best practice and NTPC internal standards. Takes full responsibility for assigned projects and executes work in accordance with relevant delegation of authority.
- Responsible for Project and Program Risk Management – Identification, Managing and Mitigation of Project risks including maintenance of Risk Registers
- Support the Senior Program Manager with option identification, project initiation, and option refinement including stage gating, by engaging in project selection activities, evaluating upcoming projects Review and advise sponsors regarding life of asset project list, including project and program synergies and splitting or combining projects
- Review and approve project charters and project plans. Identifies opportunities for project scalability with the project managers.
- Support the development and maintenance of site and regional contracting strategies (including the involvement of NWT companies) in conjunction with the Senior Program Manager.
- Accountable to ensure the Project Managers and Project Engineers provide support and input to the Lead Cost Estimators and Lead Scheduler in establishing baseline costs estimates (of appropriate class) and baseline schedules for the relevant phase of the project
- Secure resources for the program in consultation with Senior Program Manager ensuring resource levels are appropriate to the size of program being executed.
- Mentor and train project managers. Ensure compliance to the PIF.
- All other duties as required
- Must have a Bachelors of Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Hydro or Civil will be accepted)
- Must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in Project Management
- Experience in the design, operation and maintenance of industrial facilities
- Knowledge of administrative and financial planning procedures to manage capital projects and to provide advice and recommendations regarding project budgets
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and team building skills.
- Proven oral and written communication skills to both supervise staff and collaborate effectively with other departments
- Computer skills to operate a variety of engineering, financial and administrative programs
Salary for this position is under review. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes health and dental benefits, long-term disability, life insurance, paid sick days and a defined benefits pension plan.
Affirmative Action Employer – Candidates must clearly identify eligibility status in order to receive priority consideration.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted