Companies that are able to secure debt finance for both development and acquisition of advanced projects have greater strategic flexibility. Understanding how debt impacts the valuation of projects allows for an objective approach to determining levels of gearing; this is relevant to both the investment banking and mining communities. The Valuation of Mineral Projects course is designed to address these issues.
This course is for professionals with a basic to intermediate understanding of the principles of the accounting cash flow model that wish to gain expertise in quantitative finance in the context of mining. Actual operating mine valuations are a central focus of the course.
At the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Know how to build a financial model using realistic assumptions and inputs
- Understand the circumstances in which it is appropriate to set up models based on a straight discount rate basis vs a model that includes debt
- Be able to analyse the financial performance indicator
- Be able to undertake a sensitivity analysis on key technical and financial variables
- Have worked through a variety of case studies that are based on real projects
Date: January 24-28, 2022
Time: 13:00 – 17:00 GMT+1 (Check the time in your city)
Duration: 5 half days