The Yellowknife Geoscience Forum provides an intimate setting for community members and delegates from
industry, academia, and government to exchange information on Mineral and Petroleum Exploration, Mining
Activities, and Geoscience Research in Canada’s North.
The Forum consists of a trade show and a technical program.The technical program consists of oral and poster presentations. The 2014 Yellowknife Geoscience Forum is seeking presentations on Geoscience & Environmental Science Research and Geoscience–Related Presentations for its technical program.
The technical program sessions for 2014 are described on the website (www.nwtgeoscience.ca/forum/) and include:
Geoscience & Environmental Science Research (Abstract–500 word limit) See page 2
· Geoscience & Exploration
· Petroleumin Canada’s North
· Environmental Monitoring & Research
· Surficial Geology & Permafrost
Geoscience–Related Presentations (Summary – up to 150 words) See Page 3
· Infrastructure & Innovation
· Community Engagement & Education
· Regulatory & Policy Updates
Abstract/Summaries Submission (www.nwtgeoscience.ca/forum/)
· Abstracts/Summaries are required for both oral and poster presentations.
· Abstracts for the Geoscience & Environmental Science Research sessions are required and have a maximum limit of 500 words.
· Talk summaries for the Geoscience–Related Presentation sessions are required and will describe the presentationin up to 150 words.
· Presentations (oral and poster) from all relevant disciplines are welcome. If you are unsure which session is most appropriate for you, please contact Doug Irwin (Doug_Irwin@gov.nt.ca) for advice.
· All abstracts and talk summaries must be submitted before 11:59 pm MT Sunday October 26th using the online submission page at (www.nwtgeoscience.ca/forum/).
· If you have a problem with the online submission page, contact Doug Irwin (Doug_Irwin@gov.nt.ca).
Contact Kumari Karunaratne (Kumari_Karunaratne@gov.nt.ca) if you have any questions about the Technical
Program of the Yellowknife Geoscience Forum.
· Registration for the Geoscience Forum can be found at (www.miningnorth.com/).
· Badges will be checked at every venue.
· Both full and single day registration passes are available.
· ALL SPEAKERS, POSTER PRESENTERS, AND SESSION CHAIRS MUST REGISTER.